Sunday, October 01, 2006

Some New Photos

Because my darling Max gets so chilly during cold weather, he hates going outside unless absolutely necessary. I, as an admitted addict of clearance shopping at Target, was unable to pass up a deal on dog "Moon Boots." I could never pay full price for such a thing, but in this case, at just over $1 a paw, I decided it was worth a try.

Max in Boots




Kiste had a "suspicious" lump removed from her right shoulder. I don't know if she is lucky or unlucky to have a vet tech as a mom. Since I know a Boxer's propensity for cancers, and she gets a pretty thorough "rub-down exam" weekly, we removed it within a few days of finding it. It was a mast-cell tumor, guarded prognosis, but hopefully we got it removed before it had a chance to even think of metastasizing.
This did lead to a few days with a bandage, which made Kiste VERY unhappy, and she moped around, embarrassed about her "outfit." Once I gave up on the bandage and went to a simple t-shirt to protect the incision, she was much happier.

Kiste Pouting





And this is just a picture of Kiste's Drinking Fountain. Because I love her.

Getting a Swig

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Kiste's moonboots?

Hobie said...

Oh, Jake, he sure does the Moon Boot Walk... we should have a Moon Boot Dance Party and all the dogs can wear their footwear and goose-step around the back yard. It makes me hysterical.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we can film it, post it on Youtube, then post it on your blog!